I am interested in applications of quantum field theory. I try to work on systems that have close connections to experiment (or observation); my research tends, therefore, to have a fairly phenomenological slant. I am interested in renormalization group methods, effective field theories, classical field methods, and incorporating advances in other fields of physics (such as quantum optics) into the lexicon of QFT.
Quick Summary of Interests (unexplored interests in italics)
- Non-equilibrium physics in quantum many-body systems.
- Effective field theory (or Hamiltonian) methods
- Point Particle EFT ( for cold atoms arXiv:1804.10324 and for black holes arXiv:1808.00847)
- Dynamics in many body physics (see e.g. arXiv:1807:10228)
- Universality and emergent phenomena
- Unitary quantum gases
- Systematic corrections for precision experiments
- Open effective field theories (see e.g. arXiv:1408.5002 and arXiv:1607.02939 for recent developments)
- Neutrino physics