I am interested in applications of quantum field theory. I try to work on systems that have close connections to experiment (or observation); my research tends, therefore, to have a fairly phenomenological slant.
Quick Summary of Interests (unexplored interests in italics)
- Neutrino physics
- Effective field theory methods
- Point Particle EFT ( for cold atoms arXiv:1804.10324 and for black holes arXiv:1808.00847)
- Heavy particle effective theory for consistent treatment of nucleon structure.
- Dynamics in many body physics (see e.g. arXiv:1807:10228)
- Universality and emergent phenomena
- Unitary quantum gases
- Systematic corrections for precision experiments
- Open effective field theories (see e.g. arXiv:1408.5002 and arXiv:1607.02939 for recent developments)
- Non-equilibrium physics in quantum many-body systems.
- Consequences of catastrophe theory in quantum dynamics.
- Density ripple dynamics in quasi-condensates (see e.g. arXiv:1712.04642 for an experimental realization) .
- Long-range interactions ( arXiv:1610.01582 ).
- Quantum simulation of field theories
- Spectral split and the many-body formalism in supernovae