I am a Ph.D. candidate at McMaster University. My research interests are rather broad and include:
- Dynamics of isolated and open quantum systems
- Long-range interacting many body systems
- Low dimensional (d<3) quantum gases
- Applying effective field theory techniques to cold atom systems
- Neutrino physics, both within and beyond the Standard Model
I am currently studying under Duncan O’Dell and working to understand how catastrophe theory can be used to uncover universal structures in the dynamics of many-body quantum systems. More details can be found on my research interests page, and if you want to really dive into the details you can take a look at my publications.
If you want to read more about Ryan Plestid the person, go here. One interest of mine is travelling and luckily for me my Ph.D. has allowed me to do a lot of it (see below for my academic map).